Sunday 16 October 2016

COP 03 / Summer Research

Throughout summer I visited Rome, a place with a rich religious history and vast amount religious locations. Within this trip I also got to see the Vatican. Whilst I was there, I noticed how interested I was in religion as a whole, and the imagery you see within different establishments such as the Vatican or a Methodist church in Lancashire, although they still have sacrement, they look very different. I began to take photos of what I saw throughout my trip, and eventually collated a publication with my photography titled Roma.

From this, I began to explore how religion could play a part in my COP module, since I was interested in the subject. I began to look into religious propaganda and branding, since I noticed that the Vatican had it's own gift shop selling branded goods. I asked myself, "is religion becoming a brand?"












No comments:

Post a Comment