Friday 6 January 2017

COP 03 / Practical / Advertisement Footage

Due to restrictions, it would be difficult to have authentic footage taken by myself throughout the whole ad, as I would like to explore a religious context by including footage of perhaps a catholic mass, speeches and footage of a congregation. For example, due to the invasion of privacy, recording a mass myself would not be feasible for the project. This being said I will be striving to create predominantly my own footage in different settings.

I want to explore a range of themes which can all be embedded within the advertisement and convey a contemporary aesthetic which all works consistently together. This can be achieved by editing, colour and type alongside footage.

Firstly on my trip to Malham, alongside pictures I also captured video, one of the Malham rock and one of some running natural water. Both of these videos connotated purity and natural form, and the water especially communicates the act of cleansing. Water/liquid should be a dominant element to my work as the product is water.




WATER from Lo Wilcock on Vimeo.



ROCK from Lo Wilcock on Vimeo.


Swan - Roundhay Park


SWAN from Lo Wilcock on Vimeo.



Waterfall - Tropical World


IMG 0620 from Lo Wilcock on Vimeo.


Youtube Rain footage:





Youtube Drone footage:













Rock footage:

Making another prototype, I covered this one in paint which will be reversed in the video, to show the act of purification that the product can provide to the user, but also to place the tangible product into the footage. This footage was created by using a simple cast of the mold I already had, without the nozzle. This will have to be disguised within the full video.

THE SIN from Lo Wilcock on Vimeo.






No comments:

Post a Comment