Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 03 / Practical / Packaging and Final product

Packaging:






The net I chose for the product was a simple box, measured to fit the stone product. The above images show how the net will look after it is cut out.

On the front it is kept fairly minimal, conveying a sense of purity on white stock and negative space to breathe. On the front is the tagline 'cast the first stone', meaning this is what the audience will see first. On the bottom is the rock vector shape used within other collateral, to show where the real product will be standing. The back features barcode and three taglines "repentence, purity, redemption... reborn". 

The inside is where the details are. Included in here is an intricate image of the Malham rock, the poster rock for this campaign, in black and white with halftone treatment to keep the consistency with the posters/other deliverables. The contrast between the white exterior and busy interior is effective, as it gives the appearance of something exciting being inside.

When I constructed the box, things didn't go entirely to plan. The folds from my cutting/folding were not executed to the full potential, and also the lid was quite loose, which I again put down to some bad folds. 

I however had to take pictures of this product as I had booked the photography studio within my time plan. I tried to conceal the bad parts in the pictures and planned to create a new box for submission:








The second box I made was constructed much better and looked improved, however the lid was still loose. If this was professionally distributed, there would not be as much error, as the boxes would probably be folded by machinery rather than humans to mass produce for a lower cost than manual labour. 

 

As you can see, this first box was a shambles.


Embossing:

I lasercut my logo onto mountboard and then tested this out on the letterpress. Through the test, I noticed that the burnt colouring on the mountboard rubbed off onto the paper, which I then knew to avoid by placing tracing paper between the paper and the letters.



I also noticed it did not emboss as deep as needed, so for the first box I ran it through twice. The embossing worked however I would have preferred a more prominent emboss. Since the box didnt work out when folded, I embossed the second time three times and put the letters underneath the print. This worked very well, apart from having to use a different thickness of 'droplet', because the mountboard one was so tiny and got lost. This made the droplet too prominant and nearly rip.




The Leaflet:




Within every packaging there is a small leaflet stapled with a hoop. This means it can be attached to keyrings, zips and necklaces to be taken for cleansing on the go. Inside is info about the brand and also biblical passages to help prayer and repentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment