Tuesday 6 December 2016

COP 03 / Practical / Casting Plan

I began thinking of ways to approach this experiment after my tutorial, and went down to ceramics. I recieved advice on how to tackle this task, and had two options in regards to making the rock look authentic - to use an actual rock as the cast, or to fashion one out of clay and use textures and objects to achieve a natural appearance. Since I don't have any rocks lying about in my room, I've chosen to test out the clay method.

I have booked a slot for Wednesday to do this in the ceramics department. I will be experimenting with Jesmonite and a clay mould. The spray bottle will be inserted while the materials are wet, and then left to dry. The logo will also be embossed into the clay mould using a laser cut version which will be pressed into the shape before casting.

Problems which may occur:

  • Unnatural looking rock (could work to my advantage? abstract?)
  • Errors during the process
  • Problems with the spray bottle being inserted in time 
  • Visability of the logo - will it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment